Absentee voter (AV) ballots are available for all elections. With the passage of the statewide ballot proposal 18-3 in November, 2018, all eligible and registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.
The following days/times are important to note regarding absentee ballots:
- Absentee ballots can be mailed to you until 5:00 PM on the Friday prior to the election.
- The City Clerk’s office will be open on the Saturday prior to the election from 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM for issuing absentee ballots.
- Absentee ballots can be issued to registered voters until 4:00 PM on the day before the election.
- A voter who registers to vote on Election Day by appearing in person at the Clerk's Office is eligible to obtain an absentee ballot until 8:00 PM on Election Day.
- We must receive your absentee ballot by 8:00 PM on Election Day.
- Absentee ballots can be returned using one of the drop boxes at City Hall or through the mail. If you mail your ballot, you will need to use two stamps ($0.70).
Sign up for the Permanent Absentee Voter List today! By adding your name to this list, you will automatically receive an application for an absentee ballot prior to every election.
Note: If you are in need of an accessible AV ballot, download the accessible AV application here.
Photos of the drop boxes at City Hall for AV applications and ballots.