The FPB is made up of two (2) highly trained fire inspectors, Fred Solomon and Jon Toss, both of whom are firefighters and emergency medical personnel. Combined they have 55 years of experience at the City of Auburn Hills.
|Fire Inspector Fred Solomon
|Fire Inspector Jon Toss
As the City's fire inspectors, they are tasked with preventing fires or emergency situations by ensuring that all buildings and areas in Auburn Hills follow the proper National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) guidelines. The NFPA publishes over 300 consensus codes and standards intended to reduce the possibility and effects of fires and other hazards/risks.
The FPB also handles many other important tasks for the City of Auburn Hills and its citizens, including but not limitied to:
- Commercial Fire Detection Systems inspections
- Commercial Suppression Systems inspections
- Residential Fire Detection Systems inspections
- Issuing permits regarding the Fire Prevention Code
- Hazardous Materials Permits
- Fire Investigations
- Public Education regarding fire safety and prevention
- Community Outreach Services
- Bonfire Permits
- Responding to complaints regarding fire or life safety
Please see our Fire Safety Tips page created by the fire inspectors for ways to protect your loved ones, homes, and businesses from fires or other hazards. If you have any questions regarding City ordinances, possible code violations, or other fire prevention inquires, please give either fire inspector a call and they can help answer your questions!