If you have a life-threatening emergency or are reporting a crime that is happening right now - CALL 9-1-1 immediately!
To make a police report about a crime or other incident that is not an emergency, you have the following options:
- Call the police non-emergency dispatch phone number (248) 370-9444 and request that an officer be sent to your location.
- Come to the police department between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:00 pm and speak with an officer.
Download a witness statement form. Fill out the statement in ink, describing the crime or incident completely and sign it.
Whichever option that you choose, please be prepared to provide as much of the following information that you can to the officer:
- Your name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cellular phone numbers.
- The name, address, birthdate, home, work, and cellular phone numbers of anyone else involved in the case (including victims, suspects, and witnesses.)
- Physical description of suspects including height and weight (approximate), eye and hair color, facial hair, clothing, and any other identifying marks (scars, tattoos, piercings, etc.)
- Descriptions of property that was stolen or damaged, including: brand, model, color, serial number, any other identifying features and value.
- If your vehicle was stolen, damaged, or broken into, have your vehicle registration or title and insurance certificate with you.
- Copies of account statements and other documents for cases of fraud or identity theft.
- If you were involved in a traffic accident on a roadway, it is better to have an officer come to the accident location. (It is advisable to move the vehicles off the roadway unless someone is seriously injured.)