Back to Support Services Main
Medical Equipment Loan Closet
Durable medical equipment such as walkers, crutches, wheelchairs and bath stools are available. Availability of equipment varies. We also accept donations. Because our storage space is limited, we ask that you call prior to bringing in any donations. We cannot accept any medications or medical supplies. Call 248.370.9353 for availability.
Possible Medical Equipment Available
Basic Walker (without wheels)- 4 straight legs
Wheeled Walkers- walkers with two wheels in the front of the walker
Rollators- walkers with wheels on all four legs
Rollators with seat- walkers with wheels on all four legs and equipped with seat
Canes- variety of canes to choose from, with the difference being the handle type, adjustable heights and whether the cane is a folding cane
- Crutches- variety of sizes
- Wheelchairs- basic wheelchairs and transfer wheelchairs (wheelchairs where the purpose is for a companion to push the user).
- Tub Transfer Bench- user usually sits on the bench, which straddles the side of the tub, and gradually slides from the outside to the inside of the tub
- Shower Bench- seat designed to be used while taking a shower
- Portable Commode- Bedside commodes are designed to look like a chair, but function as a toilet. They are not attached to plumbing, and must be manually emptied of their contents.
- Toilet Seat Risers- Used to elevate the height of a toilet seat