Be ready for this tax season.
Here are important dates for your upcoming City tax statements:
- 2019 Summer Taxes can be paid from July 1, 2019, through September 16, 2019, without interest. Payments must be received in the Treasurer’s Department by this date, postmarks are not accepted.
- 2019 Winter Taxes can be paid from December 1, 2019, through February 14, 2020, without interest. Payments must be received in the Treasurer’s Department by this date, postmarks are not accepted.
Important Information for New Home Buyers
Tax bills are prepared in June and November. The transfer of property during that period can result in tax bills being directed to the previous owner, rather than the new responsible party. The U.S. Post Office directs mail based upon the addressee information on record, thus they may forward tax bills to the former owner's new address.
New owners should contact the Treasurer's Department at 248.370.9420 to make certain they receive their bill.
What to do when you get your tax bill:
- Examine your statement closely to assure accuracy.
- Check your parcel I.D. number before paying your taxes. You are responsible if you pay on the wrong parcel.
- Failure to receive your tax bill does not waive interest and/or penalties.
NOTE: Tax and Water payments must be made on two separate checks.
How can I look up my property tax bill?
- To look up your property taxes, you must create an account with BSAOnline.
- You can find the instructions on creating an account by following BSA Online Account Instructions.
Late with your tax payments?
Tax payments for the 2018 tax season were payable at the City of Auburn Hills Treasurer's Department through February 28, 2019.
As of March 1, 2019, all delinquent property taxes are payable ONLY to the Oakland County Treasurer, 1200 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac, Michigan, 48341. To contact the Oakland County Treasurer’s Office call 248.858.0611.
To find out and pay delinquent tax amounts, head to the Oakland County Delinquent Property Tax database.
Need more assistance?
For eligible homeowners who could use help with paying their delinquent mortgage payments or property taxes, Oakland County is participating in the Step Forward Michigan Loan Rescue Program. An eligible homeowner is one who:
- Owns and occupies their residence (no land contract holders)
- Behind on property taxes or mortgage payments
- Faces a hardship such as a sickness, loss of job, divorce, or underemployment
If you have experienced any of these issues, you may be able to receive help via this program.
Please call the Oakland County Treasurer's Office at 248.858.0624 for further details or to begin the application process. You must also meet certain financial criteria. Certified housing counselors working with Oakland County are available to answer your questions.
- 2019 Combined Tax Rates
- 2019 Winter Tax Rates
- 2019 Summer Tax Rates
- 2018 Combined Tax Rates
- 2017 Combined Tax Rates
- 2016 Combined Tax Rates
- 2015 Combined Tax Rates
- 2014 Combined Tax Rates
- 2013 Combined Tax Rates
- 2012 Combined Tax Rates
- 2011 Combined Tax Rates
- 2010 Combined Tax Rates
Fiscal Year Rate Sheets
When purchasing or selling a home, the closing title company often pro-rates the taxes based on the amount of time each party lived in the home. However, not all taxing authorities operate on the same fiscal year. To help better understand, we have provided a list below of the fiscal year sheets. Each one contains a breakdown of the taxing authorities and their corresponding fiscal year.