We can accept and process payments for your utility bills at the Treasurer's counter or online.
If you have billing questions or concerns, give us a call at 248-370-9420.
How can I make a payment on my Utility Billing Account?
- Payments by check can be mailed or dropped off at City Hall. We accept all forms of payments; cash, check, or credit/debit card payments.
- After hours payments may be put in the drop-box located outside of the Treasurer’s Department. Please note: Tax and Water payments must be on two separate checks.
- Please make sure when entering your bank account information, that the information is correct. If it is not correct, you could be charged with a Returned Item Fee or the Service Fee may still be charged to your account.
**** COVID-19 Alert ****
Please be advised due to the COVID-19 health emergency the Enhanced Access Fee (EAF) is being temporarily waived through 6/30/2020. Although it may be displayed it will be waived upon check out and will not be charged to your account. Check the receipt you have been emailed for verification.
If you choose to use your own online banking payment system, DO NOT use your utility account number to pay taxes or other invoices. Payments sent to us with utility account numbers are automatically imported into the utility payment system and will not be removed.
I sent my payment electronically, through my checking service, why is it late?
The City of Auburn Hills receives physical and electronic payments every business day. Whether you pay online or by mail, please make sure to allow ample time for your payment to process (7-10 business days).
What is Direct Debit?
- Direct Debit allows you to have your water/sewer bill payment to be automatically deducted from your checking account on the billing due date.
- You can sign up for Direct Debit by filling out the enrollment form here and returning it to the Treasurer's Department with a voided check for verification purposes. This can be done via mail, fax, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and in-person at City Hall.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will need to continue to pay your bill as you normally would until your water/sewer bill indicates that you have been signed up for the service. You will also still receive a paper bill each month in the mail for your records.
Interested in going paperless?
If you would like to sign up for paperless billing, fill out the back of the payment stub on your bill and return it to us!
Please make sure to allow ample time for this process (7-10 business days)