Leaf Burning Ordinance Details
Today, under the City’s Open Burning Ordinance, residents in Auburn Hills are allowed to burn leaves, as long as they comply with the provisions within the City’s Open Burning ordinance which took effect on December 10, 2001. The provisions are as follow:
- Burning of leaves only. The burning of grass and brush is prohibited.
- Burning prohibited:
- Within 50 feet of a structure or combustible material
- Within a public right-of-way
- If it’s offensive or objectionable due to smoke or odor
- When atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such a fire hazardous.
- Seasonal dates
- Spring: May 1 through May 31
- Fall: October 15 through November 30
- Limited to Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday between dusk and dawn.