Register for the "Do Not Knock" List

  • On January 1, 2017, the City of Auburn Hills “Do Not Knock” ordinance (#16-878) became effective.  This allows City residents to add their address to a “Do Not Knock” list which will restrict certain vendors, peddlers, and solicitors from door-to-door sales at their homes.  The list is then provided to any door-to-door sales people when they apply for a permit to solicit.  Register here!

Planning a visit to the Secretary of State’s Office?  Skip the line and schedule an appointment!

  • The innovative MI-TIME Line service allows customers to use their phones or computers to make appointments or hold their place in line.  After you get in line, you can run other errands or wait from home or work until you’re ready to be called up.  MI-TIME Line sends text updates to notify customers of their estimated wait time and allows them to request more time if needed.  (Those who don’t have a mobile phone can check in at the MI-TIME Line kiosk and get a printed ticket.)
  • Customers can find participating offices and reserve their place in line at
  • In addition, check out for on-line services offered by the Secretary of State.

Information regarding the REAL ID-compliant License or ID Card

  • Beginning May 3, 2023, you will need to show a REAL ID-compliant document to board a plane for domestic travel or to enter certain federal facilities, military bases and nuclear power plants. If your driver’s license or state ID card is not REAL ID compliant, you may show another form of acceptable documentation, such as a valid U.S. passport or passport card. 
  • For additional information, visit the Secretary of State's website.

Are you in need of a Passport?

  • The City does not process passport applications.  Visit the U.S. Department of State website for information on how and where to apply for a passport and how to renew your passport. 

Obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate.

  • The City does not maintain vital records.  If you need a copy of your birth certificate or a copy of a death certificate, contact the Vital Records Division of the County where the birth/death occurred.  Click here to visit the Oakland County Vital Records webpage.

How do I register to vote?

Where can I find the City Ordinances?

  • The Code of Ordinances is available online by clicking HERE.  The online version allows the user to search for all references to a particular subject.

How do I obtain a copy of a public record?

  • A person desiring to inspect or receive a copy of a public record must give written request for the public record to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) coordinator (City Clerk’s Office).   Download the FOIA request form.

How do I obtain a dog license? 

  • All dogs, age 4 months and older, must have a license.  Residents may purchase a license at the Treasurer's Office from December through May.  After May 31st, the license must be obtained at the Oakland County Animal Shelter & Pet Adoption Center located at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, Bldg 42E.  The license can also be obtained online at  A valid rabies vaccination certificate signed by the vet is REQUIRED to purchase the dog license.  View the fees.

Where do I obtain tax information?