The Auburn Hills Police Department is preparing for the holiday shopping season that kicks off Thanksgiving night and Black Friday. Our goal is for shoppers to have a safe and enjoyable holiday shopping experience. Additional police officers will deployed throughout our retail district to ensure that everyone remains safe.
We will be using social media to keep shoppers informed on traffic and parking conditions. You can follow Auburn Hills Police on Twitter (@ahpolice #GLCtraffic), Facebook and via Nixle.com. For Auburn Hills Nixle traffic updates text 48326 to 888777.
The City of Auburn Hills and the Road Commission of Oakland County use a unique computerized traffic signal program to facilitate traffic movement on surface streets around the retail district on either side of I-75 to reduce traffic backups and help drivers safely enter and exit the freeway.
There is currently lane reductions on Baldwin Road, south of the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets to Walton Blvd. due to a construction project. All lanes on Baldwin Rd. in front of Great Lakes Crossing will be opened by Wednesday evening to support increased traffic on Thursday and Friday. Due to construction to the south on Baldwin Road, we highly encourage shoppers to utilize the Joslyn Road (exit # 83) on I-75 to access the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets and shopping centers along Brown Rd.
Safety reminders for shoppers:
- Do not leave valuables visible in your vehicle.
- Don’t leave purses, wallets or smart phones unattended in shopping carts.
- Be aware that auto break-ins can occur when shoppers put merchandise in their vehicles and then return to the stores for additional shopping.
- Lock your vehicle!
- Always be aware of your surroundings when walking to and from your vehicle and shopping destination.
- Call 911 to report any suspicious activity. SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
Lieutenant Ryan Gagnon
Auburn Hills Police Department